Following the signing of the Term Sheet in Octobr 2021, FYI Resources and Alcoa are jointly developing the High Purity Alumina (HPA) project.
The joint HPA development project goal is the commercialisation of FYI’s innovative process for refining high quality HPA.
This high-quality alumina product will provide a competitive advantage in the global HPA market.
The specific milestones are:
- Develop, construct and operate a demonstration HPA production facility with a nominal production capacity of approximately 1,000 MT of HPA per annum (Demonstration Plant);
- Develop, construct and operate a full-scale HPA production facility with a nominal production capacity of approximately 8,000 MT of HPA per annum (Production Plant); and
- Sell the HPA produced on the global market.
Outstanding Project Economic Metrics
HPA cash cost per tonne
Model Mine Life for NPV
(Resource >100 Years)
Average Annual EBITDA
After Tax NPV at 8%
Average Revenue Per Annum
NPV modelled on the following:
* 10,000TPA. **HPA basket price average of US$26,400 per tonne HPA (4N+5N). *** Includes 15% production of 5N.
FYI is continually evaluating:
- Downstream value add projects, like the earlier announced “HPA Enhanced Anode Coatings for Lithium-ion Battery Markets”
- Battery critical minerals related opportunities